Friday, May 10, 2013

Fitness, nutrition and projects

One of my goals for this year was to get into shape. I lost a lot of weight, and got really skinny when I was breastfeeding Hunter. It's been months since I've stopped, and I've managed to keep most of the weight off, however I have realized I am very out of shape. Lucky for me, I get an hour lunch break every day at work, so I have been using that time to take Hunter on walks/jogs. Since the weather is getting nicer too, I've been taking Ari and Hunter on daily walks to the park. It's been paying off too, I am starting to get a little definition in my tummy area. Underneath my flabby stomach I am starting to get some abs!

The main thing that has helped me keep the weight off is eating healthy. My diet's not perfect, but Ryan and I try to eat pretty healthy for the most part. We tried doing a Paleo diet for a while. I loved it, and we were really good sticking to fruits, veggies, lean meat, fish and nuts. Since then we've gotten a little lazy, but I'm definitely planing on starting again. I'm so excited that farmers markets have started and I can get fresh and local fruits and veggies. Berry picking is a definite must as well. When I was following the Paleo diet, I noticed That I had a lot more energy. I used to get the 3pm sleepies, but I have energy throughout the whole day.

So I saw this tutorial the other day, and though I should try it.

http://cottonandcurls.blogspot.com/2013/04/easy-trousers-to-maxi-skirt-with-slit.html

Ryan had a pair of old gray slacks that I ruined trying to hem, but they were perfect for turning into a skirt. It did end up taking a little longer than I thought because it was a little too wide for me. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the end results!

Along with that skirt I also turned a plain black, too big for me A- line skirt into high-waisted pencil skirt. I made some gray high-water yoga pants into leggings, and I love them now! I am so glad that I said "yes" when my mom asked if I wanted a sewing machine, and I am also so glad that I've taught myself how to use it. I love taking old ugly clothes, and making them into something better, and something I'd actually wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment